Thursday, February 12, 2009

2-in-1


My older brother, Wyatt and his daughter Brynli, usually end up sharing family birthdays. (Their birthdays are only a day apart. So, as the big extended family, we always do them together.) I wanted to try to make a cake for both of them, but as one cake. This is what I came up with...




This portion of the cake is obviously Brynli's. I went to the store and found a cute crown, pretty ribbon and here you go. I don't think this cake could get any girl-ier. I really like how it turned out.



Here is just the close up, but not too close, of the flowers.



Now, this portion is Wyatt's. Just one layer. I have white chocolate chunks on top, and I believe the flavor of cake was also chocolate. The siding is fondant. Another reason why I love to use it, you can do all sorts of things with it. All kind of styles, and usually pretty easy to work with.



Another shot of Wyatt's.



The final shot of the cake. (I promise I will learn how to turn the pictures, after all I am a professional now :) ) Again, I was pretty excited about this cake. Wyatt's part is "masculine" enough, and Brynli's is all girl, and yet they go together pretty good.

This was last year's cake, we just celebrated their birthday for this year. I will post those pictures next.

No comments:

Post a Comment