Saturday, February 14, 2009

The not so 2-in-1



Here is Wyatt and Brynli's birthday cake for 2009. Michele called me up asking if I could make a cake for the party again. She told me not to worry about Wyatt, and just make it cute for Brynli. I sat there at the computer trying to get an idea for Brynli's cake, and I found this: a picture of a candy cake. It looked fun, it looked easy and I had no idea what to get Wyatt, so he got a candy cake for his birthday.



It was pretty easy, a little more time consuming then I originally thought. I thought the glue gun would be the best way to keep it together. However, it tended to melt the wrapping, so I had to squeeze a little out, and as it fell off the gun it would be cool enough to not melt the wrapping. That is what took forever!! Someone should invent a glue gun were you can control the temp, like our straight irons.


Here is Brynli's cake. Allison insisted that I do another crown cake like last year. I guess Brynli's crown is broken? So, against Allison's wishes I did this cute flower cake. Allison loved it!! And most important, Brynli loved it!!



I didn't have a lot lof time to work on this cake, I was a little worried I wouldn't have time to do this one and Wyatt's. It went pretty quick and pretty smooth and yea I was able to get both of them done.



This is basically fondant and royal icing (harden's up real nice). I made the flowers in advance, put the fondant on and then time to play. I had at first pictured smaller flowers, but I like the way it looks with the bigger flowers. I also had picked up a couple of toy dolls that I got the color scheme from. When I got to mom's house I put the dolls on but forgot to get pictures of that. You might check out Michele's blog, she might have pictures with the dolls on it. Again, very happy with the way this cake turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment